Welcome to Events over Time!
This website (Site) is operated by Events Over Time Pty Ltd, ABN 71 645 247 785 (we, our or us). It is available at: eot.gg and may be available through other addresses or channels.
Can we make changes?
We can change these Terms at any time on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current terms. Information and content on our website can change at any time without notice. Although we endeavour to ensure everything is 100% accurate, we may not keep our Site up-to-date, and hence we cannot be held liable if any Content is found to be inaccurate or out-of-date.
Who is eligible to access our Site? What are the registration terms?
Our website is designed for users of ages 13 and over, and we ask anyone below this minimum age to not use our site as this does breach our terms. For our users between 13 to 18, registration of any mailing lists and tournaments must have received approval from their guardian and have their permission in entering both our website and competitions.
Registration of tournaments will be restricted to the rating (and hence, age) on which the Australian Classification Board has given for the respective title. In lieu of no official classification, we will impose a minimum age on the title based on professional judgment and discretion of the event organisers.
We have the right to ask for verification and ID checks for our users, failure to do so may lead to both suspension from the website, tournaments, and forfeiting potential prize money won in tournaments.
Conduct we don’t accept
When you use our Site and enter our tournaments, we expect you to abide by a certain standard of behaviour. We ask that you:
- do not do anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other legal rights;
- do not use our our Site (our our related platforms, including but not limited to linked social media) to defame, harass, threaten, menace or offend any person;
- do not interfere with any user using our Site;
- do not tamper with or modify our Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with our Site, including (without limitation) using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our Site;
- do not use our Site and related services to send unsolicited messages
- do not facilitate or assist a third party to do any of the above acts.
- do not do anything illegal under Australia Law.
Events Over Time reserves the right to forward any evidence or raise a submission to any legal authority if you are found in legal breach of any legislation within Australia, in addition to the above.
Competitive Behaviour and Integrity
We expect and encourage sportsmanship behaviour between teams during both matches and in any of our linked social media sites, including but not limited to Twitter, Discord, etc. Banter is completely acceptable but we ask that conduct does not cross the line into abuse, harassment, or anything that falls into conduct that we don’t accept (as per section above) for both our competitors and staff.
We also do not tolerate any cheating within any of our tournaments. Cheating includes, but is not limited to the use of third-party software designed to manipulate and allow the end user to gain an unfair advantage over other competitors, such as aim hacks, wallhacks, etc, or manipulating end game results to try and gain an advantage. Cheating in our tournaments may include penalties such as exclusion and forfeit from the tournament, to a permanent ban on our platform and tournaments.
Intellectual Property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license all rights, titles, and interest (including intellectual property rights) for both our Site and our Content. Obviously, using this site does not transfer or grant you any rights, title or interest to both our Site and Content. Please do not:
- completely copy or use anything on our Site/Content without prior permission;
- re-circulate or distribute any EOT Content as your own;
- breach any intellectual property rights that are linked with our Site and Content.
We encourage you to interact with our Site and our community! You may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content (User Content) on our Site and related channels.
We want to ensure that any User Content that is made available can meet our terms, which include:
- you have the right or license to the User Content you are making available to us and are granting us permission to display it;
- your content does not (in good faith) infringe on any existing copyrighted media or violates another person’s intellectual property right
- the User content does not breach any other applicable copyright or legal ruling
We do not endorse any particular User Content, and we can (without notice and at any time) remove any User Content from our website and not keep any historical records of this media.
Third party sites
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are unable to control and ultimately cannot be responsible for the content on those websites. Always keep an open eye regarding third party websites as a general rule of thumb.
What would happen if EOT closes?
Disclaimer regarding the site
We will endeavour to make sure we will comply with the below regarding our Site and Content:
- they are complete, accurate, reliable, up-to-date and suitable for any particular purpose;
- access will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses; and
- our Site will be secure.
Our liability is limited
We cannot be held responsible regarding any loss, damage, or expense which could happen if our website is found to be out of date or incorrect, or if there are any outages to the website, or if there is any corruption or loss of data for any reason.
Terminating these terms
If you would like to give us feedback, please contact us – we appreciate your input. This is applicable for any problems as well, whether it is an issue with our terms, or policies, or events in general. Any formal disputes can be raised and we will endeavour to reach out in the next fourteen days and attempt to reach a reasonable resolution between both parties.
As we are physically located in New South Wales, Australia, and our company is run out of here, our Terms and the usage of our Site is therefore governed by whatever legislation is applicable to this particular state/territory. If there are any issues, these would be submitted under the jurisdiction of the respective court which is operating within New South Wales, Australia.
As our Site can be accessed from both different states and territories in Australia and from overseas countries, we cannot guarantee that our Site will apply with any laws of countries outside of Australia, thus, any access from our site outside of Australia is done at the user’s own choice, and they are responsible for complying with the laws of their jurisdiction where they access the Site.
For any further questions, please contact us at:
Events Over Time Pty Ltd, ABN 71 645 247 785
Last update: 15 November 2020